I cannot believe it’s been so long since I’ve blogged last!…time gets away from me way too easily. One minute I feel like I’m on top of things and the next minute I realize 3 months have gone by and I haven’t touched a thing. Oy Vey! Time management….it can be a difficult thing to master.
Did any of you make New Years Resolutions?????…. Well, I did! and Yes I know the whole first month of the year has come and gone already but hey! better late than never to kick start things into action or re-motivate myself on why I came up with these in the first place. Here are my resolutions:
1) Learn To Pause – Ever feel so busy that you can’t breath? or Life feels completely chaotic? I want to learn to pause, take a moment, and remember what the most important things in life are. Remember that I don’t have to have it all figured out or try to be superwoman. God’s got my life under control. Learn to pause and trust God sounds freeing.
2) Collect Moments Not Things – I want to remember, yet again, what the most import things in life are. God, family, friends, and the moments I share with all of the above. It’s not a new outfit or item that will change my life or make it better but the amazing moments I create with the people and things I love. Which brings me to my next resolution…
3) Travel Some Place New This Year – I want to make new memories and create moments that will last a lifetime. I’m a wanderlust so naturally I wonder right over to the travel idea. Mike and I are still deciding on what our new place will be this year 🙂
4) Keep A Prayer Journal – Okay so here is the deal, and I know I’m not alone, sometimes I start praying and 20 minutes later I’m like, “Wait……wasn’t I praying 20 minutes ago?!?!”. I totally get sidetracked way to easily in my prayer time. Something catches my sight or I may hear something and POOF! It’s like I never started praying to begin with. Ummm….I think I need to focus on my Lord, the creator of the universe, a little bit better than that! Soooo I came up with keeping a prayer journal! One page every night. I will sit and write down my prayers. And I pray this draws me closer in my relationship with God.
5) Engage In Deeper Friendships – I have some of the most amazing friends in the entire world! Not all who are pictured but these fine people in the weird christmas sweaters…vests…bows…moo moos…. Well, they have changed my life and they mean the world to me! I want to be there for them just like I know they are there for me. Taking time to ask someone to go to lunch, or have some coffee, or to have a game night can mean so much and create such a deeper relationship. I love creating new memories and moments with these gems 🙂
6) HOLY YOGA! – Last but certainly not least…Holy Yoga! God had put this on my heart close to a year ago and I finally started my training this past January. My main reason of entering this new journey is to grow in my relationship with the Lord. I can honestly say I already feel closer with Him and I feel like it makes me a stronger person. My second reason for starting this adventure is to hopefully be able to pave paths for others to grow in or start a relationship with Christ. I hope to be a light in this world and show others the amazingness I have experienced. My life has completely transformed since my start of a relationship with Him and I have never felt more alive, strong, or happy 🙂 I want others to know how that feels and show them they can have that too. I hope you follow my Holy Yoga journey with me and if you’re ever interested in trying it out feel free to get in touch with me! 🙂